Whether you were watching from home or standing at the finish line, April 15 was a tough day for everyone. And while several events have unfolded since then, the Boston Marathon tragedy is still with us all.
It’s not an easy thing to process – and we understand that. It was a scary day and remains a terrible tragedy. We want you to know you’re not alone – and we have some tips that might help:
- Spend more time with family and friends and offer your support.
- Stay informed but limit exposure to media coverage of the events, especially for children.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and get enough rest
- Be patient with yourself and others. It’s common to have any number of temporary stress reactions such as anger, frustration and anxiety.
- To reach out for free 24/7 counseling or support, contact the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text ‘TalkWithUs’ to 66746.